Stoke goalie becomes fifth in PL history to score during 1-1 draw with Southampton
London: Premier League side Stoke City`s goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has reportedly become the fifth goalkeeper to score in the history of the league with his long kick up field after just 12 seconds on the clock during his side`s 1-1 draw with Southampton on Saturday at the Britannia Stadium.
Begovic becomes the fifth goalkeeper to score in the Premier League after Peter Schmeichel, Tim Howard, Brad Friedel and Paul Robinson.
According to the Mirror, Stoke was just 12 second on the clock in the match against Southampton when the ball was played back to the Stoke keeper and he shot it upfield, which was caught by the blustery wind, bounced once and over the head of the hapless Artur Boruc into the Southampton`s goal.
Southampton equalised three minutes before half-time when Jay Rodriguez `s downward header bounced over Begovic and into the net, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?