Stoke goalie becomes fifth in PL history to score during 1-1 draw with Southampton
London: Premier League side Stoke City`s goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has reportedly become the fifth goalkeeper to score in the history of the league with his long kick up field after just 12 seconds on the clock during his side`s 1-1 draw with Southampton on Saturday at the Britannia Stadium.
Begovic becomes the fifth goalkeeper to score in the Premier League after Peter Schmeichel, Tim Howard, Brad Friedel and Paul Robinson.
According to the Mirror, Stoke was just 12 second on the clock in the match against Southampton when the ball was played back to the Stoke keeper and he shot it upfield, which was caught by the blustery wind, bounced once and over the head of the hapless Artur Boruc into the Southampton`s goal.
Southampton equalised three minutes before half-time when Jay Rodriguez `s downward header bounced over Begovic and into the net, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why