Stoke survive Fulham fightback to grab 3-2 win
London: Stoke City survived a second-half fightback by Fulham to secure a lively 3-2 Premier League win over the Londoners at a snowy Britannia Stadium.
The night`s solitary League match went ahead in sub-zero temperatures and Stoke looked to have it in the bag after racing into a 3-0 lead at halftime.
Tuncay Sanli opened the scoring with a close-range header following a corner after 12 minutes.
Poor Fulham defending allowed Abdoulaye Faye to turn in a Matthew Etherington free kick after 34 minutes and a nice move ended with Mamady Sidibe slotting in the third.
Fulham pulled one back with a deflected Damien Duff goal and when Clint Dempsey looped in a 30-metre shot five minutes from time the home fans had to endure nervous moments before celebrating the end of a run of three successive defeats.
Stoke climbed to 10th in the table on 24 points, one place and three points behind Fulham.
Tuesday`s League Cup semi-final first leg between Blackburn Rovers and Aston Villa was postponed as heavy snow made the areas around the ground dangerous. Wednesday`s semi between Manchester City and Manchester United has also been postponed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!