Stramaccioni rues Inter`s ugly defeat
Milan: Inter Milan head coach Andrea Stramaccioni admitted that his side suffered an "ugly defeat" at the hand of Siena at home in the Italian premier football league Serie A.
Inter were jeered by the fans after they lost to Siena 0-2 Sunday, which apparently embarrassed Stramaccioni, reports Xinhua. "It`s an ugly defeat," he said.
"Now we must not lose faith in the work we are doing, as in the first half we created so many chances and were simply unable to find the goal. A defeat like this must not affect our work. In the second half, a scorching counter-attack from Siena hit us hard," said Stramaccioni.
"This is the moment to stick together. I have great faith in the lads and we must not back up even an inch.
"Today Inter created more scoring opportunities than Siena but we do tend to struggle a little in the middle when our opponents go on the counter as our full-backs tend to attack," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM