Striker Robin Singh signs up with JSW Sports
Bangalore: National team striker Robin Singh, who made his India debut at the Nehru Cup last year, signed a two-year contract on Thursday with JSW Sports, a Bangalore-based I-League Club.
"There was more than one reason to sign for this club. It`s going to be a young squad and the way they are going about setting up the club is very professional. That apart, I have been to Bangalore to attend camps and I enjoy the vibe of the city. I am really excited to be part of this team," Singh said.
A product of Tata Football Academy, Singh spent three seasons with East Bengal before signing the dotted line for the Bangalore team.
The young striker, who was named among the 30 probables by national coach Wim Kovermans for the upcoming friendly against Tajikistan, has had a promising run since graduating from the TFA and is touted as a player who will make it big.
He even scored a goal against Chinese Taipei in an AFC Challenge Cup Qualifier, in Myanmar earlier this year.
JSW Sports CEO, Mustafa Ghouse said the club is pleased to have Robin on board.
"Robin possesses tremendous potential and we are happy to have signed him. We are certain he will do well at the club and strike a chord with the fans in Bangalore."
The deal was facilitated by Libero Sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman