Striker Santa Cruz goes back to Blackburn on loan
London: Blackburn Rovers bolstered their attacking options on Friday by signing their former striker Roque Santa Cruz on loan from Manchester City until the end of the season.
The 29-year-old Paraguay international returned to Ewood Park after joining Premier League rivals City in a 17.5 million pound deal in 2009.
"Everyone knows what Roque is capable of here and his arrival has already created a real buzz around the place," manager Steve Kean said on the club website (www.rovers.co.uk).
"We are really looking forward to giving him a platform on which to show his ability."
Santa Cruz scored 29 goals in two seasons at Blackburn, who were taken over by Indian poultry business Venky`s last November, but struggled to establish himself at high-flying Manchester City.
"I feel like I am coming home," Santa Cruz said. "This has been the easiest decision of my career.
"I want to get playing and scoring goals again and this is a real chance for me to prove myself after a frustrating period.”
"Everyone knows what Blackburn Rovers means to me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!