Striker Santa Cruz goes back to Blackburn on loan
London: Blackburn Rovers bolstered their attacking options on Friday by signing their former striker Roque Santa Cruz on loan from Manchester City until the end of the season.
The 29-year-old Paraguay international returned to Ewood Park after joining Premier League rivals City in a 17.5 million pound deal in 2009.
"Everyone knows what Roque is capable of here and his arrival has already created a real buzz around the place," manager Steve Kean said on the club website (www.rovers.co.uk).
"We are really looking forward to giving him a platform on which to show his ability."
Santa Cruz scored 29 goals in two seasons at Blackburn, who were taken over by Indian poultry business Venky`s last November, but struggled to establish himself at high-flying Manchester City.
"I feel like I am coming home," Santa Cruz said. "This has been the easiest decision of my career.
"I want to get playing and scoring goals again and this is a real chance for me to prove myself after a frustrating period.”
"Everyone knows what Blackburn Rovers means to me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soil from grave of World War-I hero, Risaldar Badlu Singh, brought to India by BJP minister
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast