Striker Santa Cruz goes back to Blackburn on loan
London: Blackburn Rovers bolstered their attacking options on Friday by signing their former striker Roque Santa Cruz on loan from Manchester City until the end of the season.
The 29-year-old Paraguay international returned to Ewood Park after joining Premier League rivals City in a 17.5 million pound deal in 2009.
"Everyone knows what Roque is capable of here and his arrival has already created a real buzz around the place," manager Steve Kean said on the club website (www.rovers.co.uk).
"We are really looking forward to giving him a platform on which to show his ability."
Santa Cruz scored 29 goals in two seasons at Blackburn, who were taken over by Indian poultry business Venky`s last November, but struggled to establish himself at high-flying Manchester City.
"I feel like I am coming home," Santa Cruz said. "This has been the easiest decision of my career.
"I want to get playing and scoring goals again and this is a real chance for me to prove myself after a frustrating period.”
"Everyone knows what Blackburn Rovers means to me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Flipkart irks IIM Ahmedabad over delayed joining date, offers poor compensation for late joining
- Acting gives me a kick: Radhika Apte
- Beware! Artificial sweeteners may harm your health
- Modi government offers auction for 46 oil and gas fields through international bidding
- Consultation paper on internet telephony in a month: TRAI