Strootman signs five-year deal with AS Roma
The Hague: Kevin Strootman signed a five-year contract with Italian football club AS Roma, the 23-year-old midfielder confirmed.
His former club PSV had reached an agreement with AS Roma for a reported fee of 17 to 19 million euros ($22.3 to 25 million).
"I am looking forward to playing for this big club," said Strootman on his personal website Wednesday night. "It is the next step in my career after developing myself at Sparta, FC Utrecht and PSV."
Strootman started his career at Sparta Rotterdam and moved from the Dutch second division club to FC Utrecht in the January 2011 transfer window. Half a year later he joined PSV. The 18-times Dutch international led PSV to the Dutch Cup and the Dutch Super Cup in 2012.
PSV are having a busy summer. The Eindhoven based club already sold Erik Pieters to Stoke City, Dries Mertens to Napoli and Jeremain Lens to Dynamo Kiev and attracted Karim Rekik (Manchester City, on loan), Adam Maher (AZ Alkmaar), Florian Jozefzoon (RKC Waalwijk), Jeffrey Bruma (Chelsea) and Stijn Schaars and Santiago Arias (both Sporting Portuga).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read