Strootman signs five-year deal with AS Roma
The Hague: Kevin Strootman signed a five-year contract with Italian football club AS Roma, the 23-year-old midfielder confirmed.
His former club PSV had reached an agreement with AS Roma for a reported fee of 17 to 19 million euros ($22.3 to 25 million).
"I am looking forward to playing for this big club," said Strootman on his personal website Wednesday night. "It is the next step in my career after developing myself at Sparta, FC Utrecht and PSV."
Strootman started his career at Sparta Rotterdam and moved from the Dutch second division club to FC Utrecht in the January 2011 transfer window. Half a year later he joined PSV. The 18-times Dutch international led PSV to the Dutch Cup and the Dutch Super Cup in 2012.
PSV are having a busy summer. The Eindhoven based club already sold Erik Pieters to Stoke City, Dries Mertens to Napoli and Jeremain Lens to Dynamo Kiev and attracted Karim Rekik (Manchester City, on loan), Adam Maher (AZ Alkmaar), Florian Jozefzoon (RKC Waalwijk), Jeffrey Bruma (Chelsea) and Stijn Schaars and Santiago Arias (both Sporting Portuga).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America