Stuttgart win, Hannover tie in German Bundesliga
Berlin: Stuttgart ended their run of losses thanks to a 1-0 victory over Hoffenheim while Nuremberg`s substitute Sebastian Polter secured a late 2-2 draw with Hannover to close the 22nd round of the German Bundesliga.
Struggling Stuttgart overcame relegation-threatened Hoffenheim thanks to the winner Martin Harnik who ended a run of five losses.
Harnik grabbed the first victory for his team in 2013 with only three minutes into the match Sunday when he exploited an Ibrahim Traore cross at the far post.
However, it was an unexciting match as both sides were unable to add another goal over the remaining 87 minutes.
Stuttgart move from the 14th to 12th position with 28 points whilst Hoffenheim are still bottom of the table in 16th position with 16 points.
Nuremberg came back twice to force Hannover to share points owing to the last minute equaliser by Polter.
Hannover climb from the 9th to 8th position with 30 points while Nuremberg drop from the 13th to 14th place with 26 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani