Stuttgart win, Hannover tie in German Bundesliga
Berlin: Stuttgart ended their run of losses thanks to a 1-0 victory over Hoffenheim while Nuremberg`s substitute Sebastian Polter secured a late 2-2 draw with Hannover to close the 22nd round of the German Bundesliga.
Struggling Stuttgart overcame relegation-threatened Hoffenheim thanks to the winner Martin Harnik who ended a run of five losses.
Harnik grabbed the first victory for his team in 2013 with only three minutes into the match Sunday when he exploited an Ibrahim Traore cross at the far post.
However, it was an unexciting match as both sides were unable to add another goal over the remaining 87 minutes.
Stuttgart move from the 14th to 12th position with 28 points whilst Hoffenheim are still bottom of the table in 16th position with 16 points.
Nuremberg came back twice to force Hannover to share points owing to the last minute equaliser by Polter.
Hannover climb from the 9th to 8th position with 30 points while Nuremberg drop from the 13th to 14th place with 26 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?