Stuttgart win, Hannover tie in German Bundesliga
Berlin: Stuttgart ended their run of losses thanks to a 1-0 victory over Hoffenheim while Nuremberg`s substitute Sebastian Polter secured a late 2-2 draw with Hannover to close the 22nd round of the German Bundesliga.
Struggling Stuttgart overcame relegation-threatened Hoffenheim thanks to the winner Martin Harnik who ended a run of five losses.
Harnik grabbed the first victory for his team in 2013 with only three minutes into the match Sunday when he exploited an Ibrahim Traore cross at the far post.
However, it was an unexciting match as both sides were unable to add another goal over the remaining 87 minutes.
Stuttgart move from the 14th to 12th position with 28 points whilst Hoffenheim are still bottom of the table in 16th position with 16 points.
Nuremberg came back twice to force Hannover to share points owing to the last minute equaliser by Polter.
Hannover climb from the 9th to 8th position with 30 points while Nuremberg drop from the 13th to 14th place with 26 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir