Stuttgart win, Hannover tie in German Bundesliga
Berlin: Stuttgart ended their run of losses thanks to a 1-0 victory over Hoffenheim while Nuremberg`s substitute Sebastian Polter secured a late 2-2 draw with Hannover to close the 22nd round of the German Bundesliga.
Struggling Stuttgart overcame relegation-threatened Hoffenheim thanks to the winner Martin Harnik who ended a run of five losses.
Harnik grabbed the first victory for his team in 2013 with only three minutes into the match Sunday when he exploited an Ibrahim Traore cross at the far post.
However, it was an unexciting match as both sides were unable to add another goal over the remaining 87 minutes.
Stuttgart move from the 14th to 12th position with 28 points whilst Hoffenheim are still bottom of the table in 16th position with 16 points.
Nuremberg came back twice to force Hannover to share points owing to the last minute equaliser by Polter.
Hannover climb from the 9th to 8th position with 30 points while Nuremberg drop from the 13th to 14th place with 26 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional