Stuttgart win, Hannover tie in German Bundesliga
Berlin: Stuttgart ended their run of losses thanks to a 1-0 victory over Hoffenheim while Nuremberg`s substitute Sebastian Polter secured a late 2-2 draw with Hannover to close the 22nd round of the German Bundesliga.
Struggling Stuttgart overcame relegation-threatened Hoffenheim thanks to the winner Martin Harnik who ended a run of five losses.
Harnik grabbed the first victory for his team in 2013 with only three minutes into the match Sunday when he exploited an Ibrahim Traore cross at the far post.
However, it was an unexciting match as both sides were unable to add another goal over the remaining 87 minutes.
Stuttgart move from the 14th to 12th position with 28 points whilst Hoffenheim are still bottom of the table in 16th position with 16 points.
Nuremberg came back twice to force Hannover to share points owing to the last minute equaliser by Polter.
Hannover climb from the 9th to 8th position with 30 points while Nuremberg drop from the 13th to 14th place with 26 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state