Suarez appeal against four-month `biting` ban to be heard on Aug 8
London: Barcelona striker Luis Suarez`s appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) against his four-month ban from all football-related activity would be heard on August 8.
FIFA had banned the Uruguay forward for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and the world football governing body had rejected an initial appeal against the Suarez`s suspension.
Suarez, Uruguay and Barca have filed the appeal after the striker joined the Spanish club last month in a 75 million pounds transfer from Liverpool, The BBC reported.
Cas has agreed to fast-track the case, and it is speculated that a verdict could be announced by the end of the week after the hearing.
Barca`s first match of the new La Liga season is on 24 August, but if the ban is upheld, Suarez would be out until late October.
Under the terms of the suspension, Suarez is banned from any football-related activity, which means that the striker cannot train with his club or enter the confines of any stadium, although players` union Fifpro argues the details lack clarity, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’