Suarez is a unique talent: Pereira
Italy: The defender believes it is only a matter of time before the 26-year-old hits top form at the Confederations Cup and has hailed his ability to change a game.
Alvaro Pereira has heaped praise on Luis Suarez following the Uruguay striker`s positive start to the Confederations Cup.
The Liverpool forward scored a free kick in the Celeste`s 2-1 defeat to Spain before giving a lively performance in their victory over Nigeria on Thursday and the full-back says the 26-year-old can only get better.
"It was an important victory. Having lost the the first game we had to respond," Pereira told Goal.
"[Suarez and Forlan] are very important players. They do things in these moments that are game-changing. We have done what we had to do to win though.
"In Uruguay, all of the boys are small in terms of stature and [Suarez] is the No.1 player in the country. There are not many players like him.
"He`s really pulling through for us now and we just hope he has a great Confederations Cup."
Goalkeeper Fernando Muslera, meanwhile, emphasised the importance of the three points gained from Uruguay`s win against the Super Eagles.
"The three points were the most important thing. That`s what we talked about before the game, that we just had to win however we did it, with good football or not," the goalkeeper noted.
"We didn`t play a great game, but we are happy because we have taken three important points tonight.
"They are very, very important, because they can do something special, or score a goal.
"Diego [Forlan] had a chance and took it. These are moments that are key, and big players make the difference."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes
- Pampore terror attack: Centre to send committee to find reason behind security lapse
- Sub-Rs 10,000 smartphone segment in India to grow 44% in 2016: CMR
- Clarity on Brexit, monsoon to steer markets