Suarez ranks alongside the `formidable Liverpool foursome`, says Rodgers
London: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has reportedly insisted that the clubs striker Luis Suarez ranks alongside the formidable foursome, Tommy Smith, Ron Yeats, Graeme Souness and Jimmy Case of Liverpool
Rodgers said that Suarez is a hard man, even though he is a striker adding that Suarez gets battered and kicked in every game, but he is the `toughest player` mentally Rodgers has ever come across in his life.
According to the Daily Star, Rodgers added that over the years great midfield players are called `hard men` as they `tackle` and there are also the `aggressive` centre-halves but no one should underestimate Suarez.
Rodgers also said that during Suarez`s stay at the club they have seen him maturing and there is not much that `rattles` him.
Suarez has reportedly been reborn as a worthy candidate for Footballer of the Year this season and Rodgers has backed him and said that there is no question that Suarez should be in the running for that title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what