Suarez`s ex-Liverpool teammate Aspas says FIFA treated Uruguayan like a murderer
London: Luis Suarez`s former Liverpool teammate Iago Aspas has said that the Uruguayan striker has been treated like a murderer by FIFA.
Suarez, who is now a Barcelona player following a 75 million pounds move from Liverpool, is currently serving a four-month ban from all football related activity after biting Italy`s Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup.
The punishment means that Suarez is yet to be officially presented by Barca and cannot even train with his new team.
Aspas, who also recently left Anfield after joining Sevilla on loan, is of the opinion that Suarez is being hammered too hard for his bite and said that FIFA is treating the striker like a murderer and not like a footballer.
Aspas said that there are murderers who pay less, adding that to not let Suarez be presented; to train or to enter the stadium is too much.
Meanwhile, Uruguay striker Edison Cavani has also claimed that Suarez should not have been given such a big suspension.
Cavani said that he is sure that Suarez made a mistake and the punishment is correct, but added that the sanction is not the correct one.
Cavani said that Suarez was sent out of the World Cup and even from the football stadiums, adding that no football player deserves to be treated in that way.
Barca is still battling to reduce Suarez`s worldwide ban, which is not scheduled to expire until November.
The Spanish club is hoping to make a fast-track appeal at the very least to the Court for Arbitration in Sport to allow the striker to train with his new teammates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what