Suarez set to join Barca as Spanish giants agree to pay record fee to Liverpool
London: Banned Uruguay striker Luis Suarez is reportedly joining Barcelona after the Spanish giants agreed in principle to pay Liverpool a record fee for the ace footballer.
Although no precise sum was agreed when the clubs met in London for talks on Wednesday, Barca have reportedly accepted that they would have to stump up more than their opening 60 million pound bid to sign Suarez.
According to the Mirror, Liverpool have priced Suarez, who was last season`s double Player of the Year at 75 million pounds and have informed Barca to forget about brokering a cut-price deal because of the striker`s four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini last month while playing for Uruguay at the World Cup.
Both sides have reportedly agreed to include 32 million-pound Alexis Sanchez in the deal, but the Chile World Cup forward has yet to be consulted.
Sanchez is understood to favour a move to Arsenal, but his assent is not critical to Suarez`s transfer because Barca have agreed to a straight cash deal if the 25-year-old rejects Liverpool, the report added.
A source close to Liverpool said that the talks were productive, there were sensible expectations on both sides, adding that further talks and discussions are to take place, but nothing has been finalised as of now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa
- Maneka Gandhi to release Draft Trafficking of Persons Bill today
- Adam Zampa asks Australian media not to call him 'Warnie' - Here's why
- China denies shutting down 109 Confucius institutes in US
- LG G5 pre-booking ends today; listed on Flipkart at Rs 52,990