Suarez would `find it hard` to turn down Real Madrid
London: Luis Suarez has admitted he would "find it hard" to turn down Real Madrid if they made a move for his services this summer.
As exclusively revealed by Goal earlier on Wednesday, the striker has refused to commit himself to the Anfield outfit despite holding two meetings with the club hierarchy in recent weeks.
Suarez is believed to be a target for Madrid as Gonzalo Higuain looks increasingly likely to leave the Liga runners-up during the summer, and the 26-year-old admits such interest in himself and fellow compatriot Edinson Cavani is flattering.
"Saying no to Real Madrid is very difficult," he told Sport 890 AM.
"I think that`s a reason for Uruguayans to feel proud, but there are no formal offers yet.
"I talked to Brendan Rodgers. He knows what I want and understands my situation."
Suarez is currently serving a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic; the incident the latest in a long line of misdemeanours the striker has committed.
Goal revealed in January that the former Ajax man, who is contracted with the club until 2016, was considering his future at Anfield, with Champions League football a long-held desire, and he admitted constant negative press is affecting his time in England.
"I worked too hard to having to continue listening to the criticism I get from English journalists," he continued.
"I love Liverpool, but I`m not prepared to keep taking all this criticism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband