Subrata excited about trial stint in Germany
Kolkata, India goalkeeper Subrata Paul, who is heading for a trial stint at R B Leipzig, on Thursday said it was a dream come true for him to get an opportunity to prove his skills at the German football club.
"I`m a fan of German team and their former goalkeeper Oliver Kahn. By God`s grace if I get a chance to play in the Bundesliga my dream will come true," Paul said on the eve of his fortnight-long visit to Germany.
"It`s fair to say that German football development plans are about the best in the world at the moment. It`s always been a dream for me to train in a system that pushes things to the next level," the former Pune FC skipper, who switched allegiance to United SC this season, said.
Paul is no stranger to foreign forays as he had already tried his luck with top Canadian side, Vancouver Whitecaps, in 2010 but was not impressive enough to earn a contract.
However, this time the 26-year-old hoped to do well for the fourth division club to make a breakthrough in the European circuit.
"I`m confident that R B Leipzig is the place where I can really push myself and can develop myself into a better and stronger player."
"I am grateful to my club and AIFF for granting me the permission," said Paul.
The footballer would be back on August 6 and join the Indian camp for the the Nehru Cup beginning August 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP