Subrata excited about trial stint in Germany
Kolkata, India goalkeeper Subrata Paul, who is heading for a trial stint at R B Leipzig, on Thursday said it was a dream come true for him to get an opportunity to prove his skills at the German football club.
"I`m a fan of German team and their former goalkeeper Oliver Kahn. By God`s grace if I get a chance to play in the Bundesliga my dream will come true," Paul said on the eve of his fortnight-long visit to Germany.
"It`s fair to say that German football development plans are about the best in the world at the moment. It`s always been a dream for me to train in a system that pushes things to the next level," the former Pune FC skipper, who switched allegiance to United SC this season, said.
Paul is no stranger to foreign forays as he had already tried his luck with top Canadian side, Vancouver Whitecaps, in 2010 but was not impressive enough to earn a contract.
However, this time the 26-year-old hoped to do well for the fourth division club to make a breakthrough in the European circuit.
"I`m confident that R B Leipzig is the place where I can really push myself and can develop myself into a better and stronger player."
"I am grateful to my club and AIFF for granting me the permission," said Paul.
The footballer would be back on August 6 and join the Indian camp for the the Nehru Cup beginning August 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'