Subrata, Gouramangi Singh to undergo trial at Danish club
Mumbai: India goalkeeper Subrata Paul and central defender Gouramangi Singh are all set to fly to Denmark for a three-month trial with Danish premier league football club FC Vestsjaelland.
The two players are scheduled to leave for Slagelse on September 18 and stay in Denmark till December 15, undergoing extensive training in technique during the trial, said a media release from Red Bull which has fixed up the deal in partnership with the owners of the club, Anglian Holdings.
This is the first time that Indian footballers have a chance at playing at a top division team anywhere in Europe, according to the release.
Established in 2008, FC Vestsjaeland, also known as FCV Vikings, is based in Slagelse and plays its home games at the Slagelse Stadium.
As runners up of the 2012-13 season of the 1st Division, they won promotion in to the Superliga. For a club established only in 2008, it has been regarded a massive achievement.
"I am really excited to get this opportunity. After my experience at Red Bull Leipzig last year, this is a great second chance to further hone my skills. I hope to give my best and make the country proud," said Paul.
"We believe, based on our experiences with other players who have gone on trial to our club in Denmark, that not only will Subrata and Gouramangi be able to hold their own against some of the best players in Scandinavia, they will definitely open the eyes of coaches and fans there to how good Indian players are, and how with a little guidance and nurturing more Indian footballers can start plying their trade across Denmark, Scandinavia and eventually Europe," said Dhruv Ratra, CEO of Anglian Holdings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers