Sukhwinder steps down as Pailan Arrows` Technical Director
New Delhi: I-League team Pailan Arrows Technical Director Sukhwinder Singh has stepped down from his post citing personal reasons and his resignation has been accepted by the All India Football Federation.
The 62-year-old cited his daughter`s upcoming wedding as the reason for relinquishing the post that he took up last year but the team`s poor performance is also being seen as one of the reasons for his decision.
The woefully out of form Arrows are 13th on the I-League table right now as they have failed to register a single win and have only eight points from 17 matches.
The AIFF has accepted Sukwinder`s decision.
"The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has accepted Mr. Sukhwinder Singh`s resignation from the post of Technical Director of AIFF`s Developmental Team Pailan Arrows. Sukhwinder submitted his resignation citing personal reasons," AIFF said in a statement.
Chief coach Sujit Chakraborty and goalkeeping coach Tanumoy Basu will be in charge of Pailan Arrows in Sukhwinder`s absence.
Sukhwinder formerly managed the Indian senior team and JCT FC.
His notable achievements include the SAFF Cup 1998 win with the Indian senior team, the SAFF Cup 2009 with the India U-23 team and the 1996?97 National Football League victory with JCT FC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand