Sun Group officially pulls out of Indian Super League
New Delhi: Sun Group, the owners of Bengaluru Franchise in the Indian Super League (ISL), on Wednesday officially pulled out of the inagural edition of the lucrative football tournament startin in October this year.
Even though the organisers did not mention any reason behind the pull out but it is believed that the decision was a fall out of organisers of ISL, IMG-Reliance`s refusal to allow a partnership between the Chennai-based Sun Group and JSW Group-owned Bengaluru FC.
"The Sun Group will be opting out of the Indian Super League football tournament," Sun Group and IMG Reliance-Star India said in a joint statement.
"This decision was taken on the mutual consent of Sun Group and IMG-Reliance and Star India, the organisers of the league. Sun Group arrived at the decision after internal deliberation and discussion, and wish to thank the Indian Super League management for all its support.
"IMG-Reliance and Star India wish to assure that all the 14 Indian players drafted earlier for Bengaluru franchise will have their representation in Hero ISL," the statement said.
ISL is scheduled to run from early October to December and will feature eight franchises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery