Sunderland striker Gyan to join Al-Ain on loan
London: Sunderland`s Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan is to join UAE side Al-Ain on a season-long loan after human "parasites" affected his form, manager Steve Bruce has said.
"Anyone who has seen Asamoah play will know that he hasn`t been himself in recent months. This option suits all parties at the present time and the club is well-protected in the deal," Bruce said in a club statement on Saturday.
Bruce, who hopes to have Gyan back at the Stadium of Light firing on all cylinders next term, said on Friday that hopes of a move to a big club had affected one of the best players from the 2010 World Cup.
"All the parasites, as I call them, hover around. People are in his ear constantly trying to engineer a deal for him," Bruce said.
Sunderland lost main striker Darren Bent to Aston Villa last season and successful loan signing Danny Welbeck is now back at Manchester United.
Bruce has brought in forwards Niklas Bendtner, South Korea`s Ji Dong-won and Connor Wickham in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why