Sunil Chhetri disappointed with trial at Glasgow Rangers
New Delhi: India striker Sunil Chhetri, who returned after a six-day trial with Scottish football giants Glasgow Rangers, rued the lack of "enough opportunities" and termed his short stay there as "disappointing".
Along with his India team strike partner Jeje Lalpekhlua, Chhetri had flown to Glasgow to attend a trial, but felt he never got enough opportunities to impress manager Ally McCoist.
"On the first day we came here they were preparing for a match the day after, so we couldn`t train. The second day was the match, then the third day they had to rest after the match. On the fourth day they left for Hamburg and we couldn`t go. It was a bit disappointing," Chettri said.
"But this was the only week we had a break in our league. It was the only chance I had to come and have a trial. I`m just disappointed I didn`t get much time with the first team. Even the gaffer didn`t get much time to see us," Chhetri was quoted as saying by Scottish newspaper `Daily Record`.
Chhetri though added that he would love to try his luck one more time.
"If given a chance, Jeje and I would love to come back, in the summer hopefully. It is a huge club with a huge history and we`d love to be a part of it."
McCoist had earlier said that the club would keep a tab on the performances on the two Indian players.
"Sunil and Jeje did fine and showed up well in training. They showed some lovely touches and adapted to the different surroundings they experienced.”
"They are away back home today - but we will keep monitoring their situations and their performances back home. They will continue to play for their sides in India and it was great to have them both working with us as they are talented boys," McCoist said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27