Supermarket giant to sue over Neymar deal
Barcelona: The supermarket giant that owned 40 per cent of Neymar`s registration is threatening legal action over its share of the player`s transfer to Barcelona.
DIS, a sports marketing company controlled by retailers Idi Sonda, claim it is entitled to more cash due to potential payments agreed in addition to the 57 million euros deal between Santos and the Spanish champions.
Executive Director Roberto Moreno has asked for full disclosure of the documents detailing Neymar`s transfer to Barcelona as the company seeks clarification on future payments to Santos.
These are reported by Globo to include 2m euros if Neymar makes the top-three shortlist for the Ballon d’Or and revenues from two friendly matches that are set to be organised between the clubs, with Barca having to pay 4.5 euros million if the games do not take place.
“I’ve not been shown a single document, so I will go to Santos’ headquarters tomorrow,” Moreno told Bloomberg. “After that we will decide if we need to go to the courts.
“I’ve read lots of things in the media but seen no documentary evidence.”
ESPN Brasil reported on Thursday that the company is ready to issue lawsuits against Barcelona and Neymar over the transfer.
Moreno threatened legal action last month, warning the clubs that he would “wait one more week and then I will open a case in court to get access to the information".
DIS acquired the share of Neymar’s registration in 2009 for 2.6m euros. Under the existing deal, it is due 6.8m euros for their 40 per cent of the 17.1m euros received by Santos for Neymar.
An additional 40m euros was paid in commission by Barcelona to other parties, including Neymar`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you