Support from around the globe as Vilanova resigns from Barcelona
Barcelona: Lionel Messi, Chelsea and Real Madrid are among the thousands to have issued messages of support to Tito Vilanova, after it was confirmed the 44-year-old has resigned as Barcelona coach due to ill health.
Barca president Sandro Rosell confirmed the news at a press conference on Friday evening, revealing that Vilanova was due to undergo further treatment to his throat cancer which would make it "impossible for him to continue as coach."
Former Barca stars Eric Abidal and David Villa also sent their best wishes via personal Twitter accounts, while Vilanova`s son retweeted the message: "Tito is not retiring. He will just concentrate on the most important game of his life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre