New Delhi: Sepp Blatter has been discharged from the hospital where the suspended FIFA president was admitted for a check-up after suffering what was described as a "small breakdown", according to reports.
His spokesman Klaus Stolhker told Reuters TV on Thursday that "He had to stay a few days in hospital but now he is out, he is at home in Valais. He is very happy and he is relaxing for a few days until the beginning of next week and then he will be back."
The 79-year-old Swiss had been hospitalised after being placed under medical observation for stress early next week.
Blatter has been at the centre of the worst scandal to ever hit world football. Swiss prosecutors opened a criminal case against him in September, an announcement that led to his suspension from FIFA.
Blatter and UEFA president Michel Platini were subsequently given 90-day bans by FIFA's ethics committee for a financial misconduct.
Before he was suspended, Blatter, who has been in charge of FIFA since 1998, had said he would step down on February 26, next year, when a FIFA congress elects a new president.
Earlier today, FIFA approved five candidates to stand in February's vote to replace Blatter as president of world football's governing body, but Platini has not yet made the list.
The five who met the qualifications following a series of integrity tests were: Prince Ali Al Hussein, Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa, Jerome Champagne, Gianni Infantino and Tokyo Sexwale.