Swansea boss Laudrup rules out Michu exit
London: The Dane has made it clear the Spaniard will stay at the Liberty Stadium until at least the end of the season.
Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup claims Michu will not leave the club during the January transfer window.
The Spaniard has been prolific in front of goal since his £2 million move from Rayo Vallecano last summer, netting 13 goals in 22 Premier League appearances so far this season.
Russian clubs Zenit St Petersburg and Anzhi Makhachkhala are reportedly in the hunt to sign the 26-year-old, but the Swansea boss insists the forward will remain at the Liberty Stadium this month.
"There is no way he will leave," Laudrup told ITV Sport. "It is absolutely out of the question.
"One reason is because it is so difficult to get someone in right now, and the second is that he is happy here and doesn`t want to leave.”
Laudrup has complemented Michu’s enthusiasm, stating that he and Wales captain Ashley Williams constantly want to make a start for the Welsh club.
"They always want to play.” he continued. “Obviously I am the one who has to decide and see if they are a little tired - or to let them rest or to play them.
"Your top scorer, you always want him playing every game, together with Ashley Williams, they are the two players with the most games this season.
"But he [Michu] is our top scorer and it is important for the team-mates to have him there and it`s important with the opposition because they always know they are in danger when he is there. If he is fit then he will play."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city