Swansea lose Michu for six weeks
London: Swansea will be without Spanish striker Michu for up to six weeks as he recovers from an ankle operation, manager Michael Laudrup confirmed.
Michu, 27, has scored 28 goals for the Swans since signing from Rayo Vallecano in the close season in 2012 but has been hampered all this season by ankle and knee problems.
"It`s not good news," said Laudrup. "Unfortunately it has been confirmed that he will need an operation.
"It can be done in the next week and he should be back playing in around a month and a half."
The news is a further blow for Swansea after losing winger Nathan Dyer until February after he suffered an ankle ligament injury against Norwich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’