Swansea lose Michu for six weeks
London: Swansea will be without Spanish striker Michu for up to six weeks as he recovers from an ankle operation, manager Michael Laudrup confirmed.
Michu, 27, has scored 28 goals for the Swans since signing from Rayo Vallecano in the close season in 2012 but has been hampered all this season by ankle and knee problems.
"It`s not good news," said Laudrup. "Unfortunately it has been confirmed that he will need an operation.
"It can be done in the next week and he should be back playing in around a month and a half."
The news is a further blow for Swansea after losing winger Nathan Dyer until February after he suffered an ankle ligament injury against Norwich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court declines students' plea, says first phase of NEET will be held on Sunday
- Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Fundamental question is 'who took the bribe', stresses Manohar Parrikar
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25