Sweden beats North Korea 1-0 in Women`s World Cup
Augsburg, Germany: Sweden moved to the top of Group C at the Women`s World Cup on Saturday, beating North Korea 1-0 on a second-half goal by Lisa Dahlkvist.
North Korea played with five teenagers in its starting lineup and wilted in the second half. It was eliminated from the tournament with two losses.
The United States can join the Swedes at the top of Group C — and qualify both teams for the quarterfinals — if it beats Colombia in a later game in Sinsheim.
Sweden scored in the 64th minute when Linda Forsberg crossed into the middle and Therese Sjogran picked out the unmarked Dahlkvist for an easy finish from close range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?