Sweden beats North Korea 1-0 in Women`s World Cup
Augsburg, Germany: Sweden moved to the top of Group C at the Women`s World Cup on Saturday, beating North Korea 1-0 on a second-half goal by Lisa Dahlkvist.
North Korea played with five teenagers in its starting lineup and wilted in the second half. It was eliminated from the tournament with two losses.
The United States can join the Swedes at the top of Group C — and qualify both teams for the quarterfinals — if it beats Colombia in a later game in Sinsheim.
Sweden scored in the 64th minute when Linda Forsberg crossed into the middle and Therese Sjogran picked out the unmarked Dahlkvist for an easy finish from close range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'