Sweden beats North Korea 1-0 in Women`s World Cup
Augsburg, Germany: Sweden moved to the top of Group C at the Women`s World Cup on Saturday, beating North Korea 1-0 on a second-half goal by Lisa Dahlkvist.
North Korea played with five teenagers in its starting lineup and wilted in the second half. It was eliminated from the tournament with two losses.
The United States can join the Swedes at the top of Group C — and qualify both teams for the quarterfinals — if it beats Colombia in a later game in Sinsheim.
Sweden scored in the 64th minute when Linda Forsberg crossed into the middle and Therese Sjogran picked out the unmarked Dahlkvist for an easy finish from close range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Canara Bank revises lending rates based on MCLR
- Lenovo ZUK Z1 to be launched in India on May 10
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500