Sweden beats North Korea 1-0 in Women`s World Cup
Augsburg, Germany: Sweden moved to the top of Group C at the Women`s World Cup on Saturday, beating North Korea 1-0 on a second-half goal by Lisa Dahlkvist.
North Korea played with five teenagers in its starting lineup and wilted in the second half. It was eliminated from the tournament with two losses.
The United States can join the Swedes at the top of Group C — and qualify both teams for the quarterfinals — if it beats Colombia in a later game in Sinsheim.
Sweden scored in the 64th minute when Linda Forsberg crossed into the middle and Therese Sjogran picked out the unmarked Dahlkvist for an easy finish from close range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'