Sweden beats North Korea 1-0 in Women`s World Cup
Augsburg, Germany: Sweden moved to the top of Group C at the Women`s World Cup on Saturday, beating North Korea 1-0 on a second-half goal by Lisa Dahlkvist.
North Korea played with five teenagers in its starting lineup and wilted in the second half. It was eliminated from the tournament with two losses.
The United States can join the Swedes at the top of Group C — and qualify both teams for the quarterfinals — if it beats Colombia in a later game in Sinsheim.
Sweden scored in the 64th minute when Linda Forsberg crossed into the middle and Therese Sjogran picked out the unmarked Dahlkvist for an easy finish from close range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi