Sweden comeback one of my greatest nights: Ibrahimovic
Sweden`s Zlatan Ibrahimovic spoke of his delight at his team`s incredible comeback in Berlin, as the Scandanavian side forced a point out of Germany, despite being 4-0 behind after 56 minutes.
The striker scored himself, while team-mates Mikael Lustig, Johan Elmander and Rasmus Elm wrapped up a famous point, much to the delight of the yellow and blue away support.
"I do not know if it is possible to explain," he said to Kanal 5 after the match.
"After 4-0 and I don`t know how long was left, half an hour, 35 minutes, so there were not many who would have believed how the match ended, but we did it."
"There were 11 other players who came out in the second-half, we played in a completely different way. I think we were too cowardly and had too much respect [for Germany] in the first-half.
"But we got out, got the first and we gained more and more confidence. The second, the third and in the end we scored the fourth. I do not know how to describe it.
"I cannot describe it. You see the entire bench run towards the players, everyone is extremely happy and the fans were fantastic today. Individually, it`s not the biggest thing I have done before, but as a team it`s probably one of the best."
Half-time substitute Kim Kallstrom also spoke of his emotions after helping to secure a valuable qualifying point for his country.
"There is a lot of emotion and joy, we showed our morals and came back even though we were down in the dock," he added.
Sweden coach Erik Hamren then praised the the character his side showed, after being effectively out of the game at the interval.
"We talked that we would go out and show morality, there will be more matches. It`s over, we said. But there will be more matches and we need to show our character," enthused the Sweden coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you