Sydney FC interested in Luis Figo
Sydney: Sydney FC Football Manager Dave Mason told the Sydney Morning Herald that a player of Figo’s stature would be perfect for the A-League club.
The inaugural champions made contact with Figo’s agent Rob Jansen two months ago but hit a stumbling bloc when the player outlined his desire to play in the finals series at the end of the regular season – which guest players are unable to do under the league’s rules.
“Obviously someone of that stature is exactly the sort of guest player you`d want, but the timing wasn`t right,`` Mason said.
``If he changes his mind and wants to come out sooner rather than later, then we`d definitely consider it.”
“Our position on a guest player remains the same - if we can get someone in the attacking third, with the right sort of CV, then we are keen to do it.``
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan