Table toppers Churchill take on Arrows
Mapusa (Goa): Despite their fine run and a string of impressive performances, Churchill Brothers will leave nothing to chance when they take on Pailan Arrows in an I-League match at Duler Stadium here on Wednesday.
Churchill Brothers lead the I-League table with 28 points from 12 matches, the same as Pune FC with their last result at Duler being 6-0 drubbing of Shillong Lajong FC and had won the first leg comfortably in Kolkata.
But still, Churchill Brothers believe Pailan Arrows is a team that can wreck their chances.
"They are among the fittest in the competition. I like their brand of football and they have some impressive results under their belt. We cannot take anything for granted," said technical director Subhash Bhowmick.
"Everyday is a challenge for us. Everyday, we must go out there and get the three points. At this stage, we cannot afford to drop our guards," he said.
Churchill will, however, miss striker Bineesh Balan who s injured and his place is expected to be taken up by another talented striker, Ajay Singh.
"You can see that there are four teams who have a chance of winning the title if results go their way. We need the full points not just from this game but all games that we play. It may not be possible sometimes, but we should not be found wanting in efforts. I have told the boys that they must give everything in every game," said Bhowmick.
Recent results for Pailan Arrows have not been encouraging but Arthur Papa`s young guns have done enough to sound the alarm bells for any opposition.
They are seventh on the league ladder with 14 points. A good result will not only arrest the string of losses but also help them improve their overall standing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani