Terrible day for Man United FC, City and Real Madrid
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Top European football clubs on Saturday faced defeat at the hands of modest clubs in their respective leagues. Manchester United that hold the record to win the most number of Premier League(PL) titles (20) suffered a loss at home, when they were defeated by West Bromwich Albion 2-1, in their worst start to a PL season with the champions in the bottom half of the table after six games.
Another club from Manchester, Manuel Pellegrini’s City also suffered a surprise defeat of 3-2 while playing against Aston Villa, who scored three second-half goals to seal the match.
On the same day Real Madrid, one of the most successful clubs in the history of La Liga, lost their encounter against Atletico Madrid 1-0. This win over Los Blancos helped Atletico Madrid to register their first league victory over their much decorated rivals in 14 years. Real Madrid’s loss on Saturday means Gareth Bale`s long-awaited home debut ended in a disappointment.
Where on one end, it was certainly an ecstatic moment for the clubs like West Bromwich Albion, Aston Villa and Atletico Madrid, on the other top clubs who lost their matches would surely try to forget this day as swiftly as possible.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed