Terrible day for Man United FC, City and Real Madrid
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Top European football clubs on Saturday faced defeat at the hands of modest clubs in their respective leagues. Manchester United that hold the record to win the most number of Premier League(PL) titles (20) suffered a loss at home, when they were defeated by West Bromwich Albion 2-1, in their worst start to a PL season with the champions in the bottom half of the table after six games.
Another club from Manchester, Manuel Pellegrini’s City also suffered a surprise defeat of 3-2 while playing against Aston Villa, who scored three second-half goals to seal the match.
On the same day Real Madrid, one of the most successful clubs in the history of La Liga, lost their encounter against Atletico Madrid 1-0. This win over Los Blancos helped Atletico Madrid to register their first league victory over their much decorated rivals in 14 years. Real Madrid’s loss on Saturday means Gareth Bale`s long-awaited home debut ended in a disappointment.
Where on one end, it was certainly an ecstatic moment for the clubs like West Bromwich Albion, Aston Villa and Atletico Madrid, on the other top clubs who lost their matches would surely try to forget this day as swiftly as possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband