Terry grabs late Chelsea winner to end Everton resistance
London: John Terry grabbed a stoppage-time winner to snatch Chelsea a 1-0 win over Everton on Saturday which maintained the London club`s Premier League title challenge.
After drawing their last league game against West Bromwich Albion and suffering a chastening FA Cup defeat to rivals Manchester City, Jose Mourinho`s side were looking for a morale-boosting return to form.
Yet they looked sluggish for most of the match and when they finally sparked into life they came up against a stubborn Everton rearguard which only crumbled when a free kick from Frank Lampard found Terry who slid the ball home from close range.
Leaders Chelsea moved to 60 points from 27 games, four clear of second-placed Arsenal who face Sunderland at home later on Saturday.
Everton stayed sixth with 45 points from 26, eight adrift of Liverpool in fourth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015