Terry says Di Matteo should be made Chelsea’s permanent manager
London: Chelsea captain John Terry hailed Roberto di Matteo after their win over Bayern Munich to clinch the Champions League trophy, saying the Italian should be given the club’s manager’s job permanantly.
Blues’ billionaire owner Roman Abramovich wept in of joy after his players beat Bayern Munich in their own backyard at Allianz Arena to win the European Cup for the first time.
Di Matteo won the Champions League and FA Cup double in just two-and a half months since taking over from sacked boss Andre Villas-Boas.
“He’s strived for this, he’s pumped an awful lot of money into this football club trying to achieve that. Tonight we’ve done that and Robbie deserves a lot of credit for that. We hope he gets the job permanently,” The Sun quoted Terry, as saying.
“He’s been fantastic. To win the FA Cup and the Champions League... he can’t do more than that,” he added.
The England international, who was banned after his red card in the semi-final triumph over Barcelona, was grateful to UEFA for allowing him to lift the cup.
“It was a great touch from Frank and a really nice gesture from UEFA. It was incredible, the lads were fantastic. People wrote us off early on in this competition. But it was meant to be Chelsea this year,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea