Tevez and Dzeko will not leave Man City: Mancini
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has confirmed his intention to resist offers for strikers Edin Dzeko and Carlos Tevez.
The duo have been linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium following a season in which Dzeko found himself in and out of the starting XI and Tevez spent several months on the sidelines after his relationship with Mancini broke down.
Tevez returned to action to play an important part in helping City seal the Premier League title, however, while Dzeko still managed 19 goals in all competitions.
And Mancini has reiterated his desire to fend off reported interest from the likes of Bayern Munich and AC Milan in the two players.
"Both Dzeko and Tevez will stay at City," Mancini told a news channel. "We are a great team and we try to keep all our great players. It won`t be easy but they will stay here.
"We still lack a couple of players to reach [the level of] Real Madrid and Barcelona. Also our mentality has to grow season by season."
Mancini, meanwhile, dismissed speculation linking him to the vacant Russia job by insisting that he remained committed to the project at City having recently signed a new five-year contract.
"I`m honoured by Russian interest in me, but at Man City there are important plans for the future," the Italian explained.
Mario Balotelli will compete with Dzeko and Tevez for a place in the City team next season having earned praise for his performances at Euro 2012 with Italy.
And Mancini believes the 2012-13 campaign will be a significant one for the 21-year-old as he seeks to put his reputation for controversy behind him.
"Balotelli had to be grateful to himself because of his huge talent," Mancini added. "He must not waste it with non-football matters.
"Next season must be a defining one for him. [Lionel] Messi, Cristiano [Ronaldo] and [Andres] Iniesta work hard every day to stay at top, and he can reach that level."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan