Tevez destined to score as winner in ‘mother of all derbies’: Macini
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes ace striker Carlos Tevez is destined to emerge as the winner in tonight’s mother of all derbies title match.
“I think Carlos is destined to score the most important goal in the history of this club. This is my belief,” a daily quoted Mancini, as saying.
Tevez has reportedly fired in four goals in seven games since returning to the line-up five weeks ago after being on a six month strike.
Manchester City’s victory at the Etihad will put them top on goal difference with just two games left, after they were recently behind United by eight points.
Mancini claimed that it would be great feeling to win against your neighbors rather than another country.
“I think it is good to win the title against your neighbours, rather than a team from another part of the country,” Mancini added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah