Tevez destined to score as winner in ‘mother of all derbies’: Macini
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes ace striker Carlos Tevez is destined to emerge as the winner in tonight’s mother of all derbies title match.
“I think Carlos is destined to score the most important goal in the history of this club. This is my belief,” a daily quoted Mancini, as saying.
Tevez has reportedly fired in four goals in seven games since returning to the line-up five weeks ago after being on a six month strike.
Manchester City’s victory at the Etihad will put them top on goal difference with just two games left, after they were recently behind United by eight points.
Mancini claimed that it would be great feeling to win against your neighbors rather than another country.
“I think it is good to win the title against your neighbours, rather than a team from another part of the country,” Mancini added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why