Tevez destined to score as winner in ‘mother of all derbies’: Macini
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes ace striker Carlos Tevez is destined to emerge as the winner in tonight’s mother of all derbies title match.
“I think Carlos is destined to score the most important goal in the history of this club. This is my belief,” a daily quoted Mancini, as saying.
Tevez has reportedly fired in four goals in seven games since returning to the line-up five weeks ago after being on a six month strike.
Manchester City’s victory at the Etihad will put them top on goal difference with just two games left, after they were recently behind United by eight points.
Mancini claimed that it would be great feeling to win against your neighbors rather than another country.
“I think it is good to win the title against your neighbours, rather than a team from another part of the country,” Mancini added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi may be summoned for questioning
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants face gigantic task of taming Suresh Raina's rampaging Gujarat Lions
- Thailand faces longest heatwave in 65 years