Tevez inspires Man City to beat Chelsea
London: Carlos Tevez marked his Manchester City return by setting up Samir Nasri`s late winner in a vital 2-1 home victory over Chelsea on Wednesday that kept the pressure on leaders Manchester United in the title race.
The Argentine, an outcast since September after falling out with the club, came off the bench with City trailing 1-0 to Gary Cahill`s deflected shot and his moment of class in the 85th minute allowed City to move to within a point of United.
Sergio Aguero had levelled from the penalty spot for City who have won all 15 home league matches this season.
Tottenham Hotspur drew 1-1 at home with Stoke City in their first game since their FA Cup tie against Bolton Wanderers was abandoned following Fabrice Muamba`s cardiac arrest.
Rafael van der Vaart scored a late equaliser for Spurs to end a run of three league defeats but they fell below north London rivals Arsenal who won 1-0 at Everton to climb to third.
Arsenal have 55 points to Tottenham`s 54 with Chelsea, who host Tottenham on Saturday, on 49.
Liverpool suffered a late collapse in west London, throwing away a 2-0 lead to concede three late goals and lose 3-2 at relegation-threatened Queens Park Rangers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket