Tevez inspires Man City to beat Chelsea
London: Carlos Tevez marked his Manchester City return by setting up Samir Nasri`s late winner in a vital 2-1 home victory over Chelsea on Wednesday that kept the pressure on leaders Manchester United in the title race.
The Argentine, an outcast since September after falling out with the club, came off the bench with City trailing 1-0 to Gary Cahill`s deflected shot and his moment of class in the 85th minute allowed City to move to within a point of United.
Sergio Aguero had levelled from the penalty spot for City who have won all 15 home league matches this season.
Tottenham Hotspur drew 1-1 at home with Stoke City in their first game since their FA Cup tie against Bolton Wanderers was abandoned following Fabrice Muamba`s cardiac arrest.
Rafael van der Vaart scored a late equaliser for Spurs to end a run of three league defeats but they fell below north London rivals Arsenal who won 1-0 at Everton to climb to third.
Arsenal have 55 points to Tottenham`s 54 with Chelsea, who host Tottenham on Saturday, on 49.
Liverpool suffered a late collapse in west London, throwing away a 2-0 lead to concede three late goals and lose 3-2 at relegation-threatened Queens Park Rangers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj