Tevez optimistic though losing 2-1 to Benfica
Rome: Juventus striker Carlos Tevez insisted that his side have good chance to reach the Europa League final despite their 2-1 loss to Benfica on the road in the first leg of their tie Thursday.
The Argentine really had something to celebrate as he broke his four-year long Europe goal drought in the first leg of the Europa League semifinal in Lisbon, Xinhua reported.
But he put his team`s interest ahead of his own.
"My goal isn`t that important, and it only matters that we are still in the running for qualification," he said.
"I am happy as I am physically fit. We`ve got a very good chance of getting through to the next round. Qualification is wide open for the second leg," he added.
If Juventus could beat Benfica 1-0 in their second leg tie next Thursday, they will reach the final, which will be held at their stadium on May 15.
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba called for concentration from his teammates in the second leg.
"We need to play the same way we did in the second half, but with more concentration. We conceded two goals due to errors, but played well overall. We are Juve, so we have to do even more," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway