Tevez says mess up with Mancini proved ‘blessing in disguise’ for him
London: Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has said his mess up with manager Roberto Mancini has reaped good results for him, and worked as a blessing in disguise.
Tevez’s Manchester City career looked over last season after he went AWOL for three months following a bust-up with Mancini, but the striker returned to help City clinch the title and has scored in all three of their Premier League games this season.
“The problem with Mancini was good for me. I’m enjoying football again which is what I wanted – to feel this hunger for glory and to be happy like this,”
“I had a pre-season like I hadn’t had for a long time. I worked very hard, I feel good on the pitch, light, strong, fast,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar