Tevez says mess up with Mancini proved ‘blessing in disguise’ for him
London: Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has said his mess up with manager Roberto Mancini has reaped good results for him, and worked as a blessing in disguise.
Tevez’s Manchester City career looked over last season after he went AWOL for three months following a bust-up with Mancini, but the striker returned to help City clinch the title and has scored in all three of their Premier League games this season.
“The problem with Mancini was good for me. I’m enjoying football again which is what I wanted – to feel this hunger for glory and to be happy like this,”
“I had a pre-season like I hadn’t had for a long time. I worked very hard, I feel good on the pitch, light, strong, fast,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP