Tevez the best football player I have played with: Johnson
London: Twenty-three-year-old England star Adam Johnson has described Manchester City and Argentine star Carlos Tevez as the best footballer he has ever played with or against.
City winger Johnson, who hopes to feature in England`s 2012 qualifier against Switzerland at Wembley on Saturday, admits Tevez, 27, would be almost impossible to replace.
A leading daily quoted Johnson, as saying: "He carries us sometimes with his goals and his drive. He is probably the best player I have played with. Some of the goals and some of the stuff he does in training is just unbelievable.”
He added: "I hope we keep hold of him because he will be a major part next season, when we are playing in the Champions League. He``d be hard to replace. There are probably only five or six strikers out there who get you that many goals a season at the highest level. So, it would be great if we could keep him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman