Tevez wants his community service hours to be reduced
London: New Juventus footballer Carlos Tevez is reportedly applying in court to have the bulk of his community service written off so he can move to Italy following his 7.6 million-pound transfer from Manchester City.
According to the Daily Star, Tevez is trying to get out of finishing his 250 hours` unpaid work, adding that the court may need to re-sentence for the driving offences which originally led magistrates in Cheshire to issue the community service order.
Although the report said that the Argentine could be jailed instead, however, legal experts believe that he is more likely to receive a suspended prison term.
Tevez was given a six-month ban after admitting driving while disqualified and without insurance, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption