Tevez won`t play for City again, says Mancini
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has reiterated his belief that troublesome Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez will not play for the club again.
The 27-year-old flew to Argentina without the permission of the club last week, further straining already tense relations after the furore following claims he refused to go on as a substitute during a Champions League match with Bayern Munich.
City found Tevez guilty of five breaches of contract for refusing to warm up in that match, which took place in September.
Tevez was then suspended for two weeks and had a four-week fine halved after the intervention of the PFA ( Professional Footballers Association).
Asked on Friday if Tevez could play for the club again, Mancini replied: "I don`t think so.
"I know he is in Argentina. I don`t know what he is doing."
Premier League leaders City are at home to Newcastle Saturday and Mancini added: "Why are we continuing to talk about Carlos? We have an important game tomorrow."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?