‘The Inter and Juventus rivalry is beautiful’
Milan: Andrea Stramaccioni believes the conflict between Inter and Juventus is one of the best in Italian football, as long as it is kept in good spirits.
The Derby d`Italia, as it is known, is one of the fiercest rivalries in Italy and the Nerazzurri coach says the competitiveness between the two sides is great for Italy as both teams are giants of the world game.
“It is a fact that there are two teams, two companies and two rivals. It is a beautiful rivalry,” Stramaccioni told Tuttosport.
“I see it [the rivalry] as a positive, as long it remains light-hearted. Juve, to me is unpleasant, but only because I train Inter and it is normal to think this."
Stramaccioni also said he is relishing the return of playmaker Wesley Sneijder and denied trying to sign Manchester City forward Mario Balotelli.
“I do not believe that the return of Sneijder will create problems for the side. Wesley is suitable for a 4-2-3-1, but [he] can also play with other formations also," he added.
"Mario? I do not know him well, I shook his hand once in Appiano Gentile and then our contact stopped."
Inter are currently fourth in Serie A with 15 points from seven games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'