‘The Inter and Juventus rivalry is beautiful’
Milan: Andrea Stramaccioni believes the conflict between Inter and Juventus is one of the best in Italian football, as long as it is kept in good spirits.
The Derby d`Italia, as it is known, is one of the fiercest rivalries in Italy and the Nerazzurri coach says the competitiveness between the two sides is great for Italy as both teams are giants of the world game.
“It is a fact that there are two teams, two companies and two rivals. It is a beautiful rivalry,” Stramaccioni told Tuttosport.
“I see it [the rivalry] as a positive, as long it remains light-hearted. Juve, to me is unpleasant, but only because I train Inter and it is normal to think this."
Stramaccioni also said he is relishing the return of playmaker Wesley Sneijder and denied trying to sign Manchester City forward Mario Balotelli.
“I do not believe that the return of Sneijder will create problems for the side. Wesley is suitable for a 4-2-3-1, but [he] can also play with other formations also," he added.
"Mario? I do not know him well, I shook his hand once in Appiano Gentile and then our contact stopped."
Inter are currently fourth in Serie A with 15 points from seven games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far