The only thing that matters is winning: Lionel Messi
Buenos Aires: FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi said in an interview published over the weekend that he did not care about records and only wanted to help his club and the Argentine national team win.
"My goal is not to break records, I want to win everything possible with my team every season, whether it`s Barcelona or the national team," the four-time FIFA player of the year said.
The superstar said he needed to constantly improve "everything" he did on the field.
"We live trying to improve in every area of life and I am not the exception in soccer," Messi said.
FC Barcelona is not perfect and has things it can improve, but that is coach Tito Vilanova`s job, Messi said.
FC Barcelona is led by Messi and several members of Spain`s 2010 FIFA World Cup-winning squad, including defenseman Pique.
The soccer club has arguably been the world`s best thus far this century, having won three of the past seven UEFA Champions League crowns. It also is the favorite to win this season`s title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how