The only thing that matters is winning: Lionel Messi
Buenos Aires: FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi said in an interview published over the weekend that he did not care about records and only wanted to help his club and the Argentine national team win.
"My goal is not to break records, I want to win everything possible with my team every season, whether it`s Barcelona or the national team," the four-time FIFA player of the year said.
The superstar said he needed to constantly improve "everything" he did on the field.
"We live trying to improve in every area of life and I am not the exception in soccer," Messi said.
FC Barcelona is not perfect and has things it can improve, but that is coach Tito Vilanova`s job, Messi said.
FC Barcelona is led by Messi and several members of Spain`s 2010 FIFA World Cup-winning squad, including defenseman Pique.
The soccer club has arguably been the world`s best thus far this century, having won three of the past seven UEFA Champions League crowns. It also is the favorite to win this season`s title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses