There is more to come from me, vows Kaka
New Jersey: Brazil midfielder Kaka said there was more to come from him, after making a goalscoring return to international football last month.
The 30-year-old was on target in both of Brazil`s friendly victories over Iraq and Japan, his first international appearances since the 2010 World Cup.
Speaking upon his arrival here for Wednesday`s friendly between Brazil and Colombia, Kaka said he still had scope for improvement.
"I felt good in the last two games but I still haven`t consolidated my position," Kaka said.
"They were important matches and I had an active role but there is still a lot more to come from me with the national team."
Despite his encouraging performances for Brazil, the 2007 FIFA world player of the year has remained a bit-part player under Jose Mourinho at Spanish giants Real Madrid.
The former AC Milan playmaker revealed Wednesday`s match at MetLife Stadium had added personal significance due to his close relationship with Colombia and Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao.
"He is an excellent player and great friend. We meet up often in Madrid and have a very good relationship," Kaka said. "I hope his good form continues, except against Brazil."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you