There is more to come from me, vows Kaka
New Jersey: Brazil midfielder Kaka said there was more to come from him, after making a goalscoring return to international football last month.
The 30-year-old was on target in both of Brazil`s friendly victories over Iraq and Japan, his first international appearances since the 2010 World Cup.
Speaking upon his arrival here for Wednesday`s friendly between Brazil and Colombia, Kaka said he still had scope for improvement.
"I felt good in the last two games but I still haven`t consolidated my position," Kaka said.
"They were important matches and I had an active role but there is still a lot more to come from me with the national team."
Despite his encouraging performances for Brazil, the 2007 FIFA world player of the year has remained a bit-part player under Jose Mourinho at Spanish giants Real Madrid.
The former AC Milan playmaker revealed Wednesday`s match at MetLife Stadium had added personal significance due to his close relationship with Colombia and Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao.
"He is an excellent player and great friend. We meet up often in Madrid and have a very good relationship," Kaka said. "I hope his good form continues, except against Brazil."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks