Thiago Silva reveals pact with Ibrahimovic
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football team`s defender Thiago Silva has revealed that he made a pact with striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic before their joint summer move to Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
The pair completed a 62-million euro transfer from AC Milan last month, but only after a conversation between the good friends on the eve of the deal, reports Xinhua.
"I will tell the truth. We spoke to each other before signing the deal," said Silva.
"My thinking was that I wanted to continue with Ibrahimovic at Milan but at the last moment we came to an agreement to continue playing together for PSG."
The pair could be on opposing sides in Wednesday`s international friendly between Brazil and Sweden in Stockholm.
Silva is certain to line-up for Brazil but Ibrahimovic is in doubt with a foot injury.
Regarded by many as the best centre-back in the world, Silva said he wanted to create history in France alongside the Swedish star.
"I feel privileged to be playing with some of the best players in the world," he said.
"Everybody knows what a great player Ibrahimovic is. Apart from being a fantastic striker, he is also a great friend that I have made through football."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit