Things are getting better for me at Real Madrid: Kaka
Madrid: Real Madrid playmaker Kaka says his situation with Los Blancos is beginning to improve after experiencing a return to form in Spain.
The former Ballon d`Or winner has endured an indifferent few years in the Spanish capital following his big money move from Milan in 2009.
However, since recently playing his way back into contention at the Santiago Bernabeu, Kaka says he is now enjoying the new lease of life afforded to him at Madrid, which has coincided with Luis Felipe Scolari`s decision to include him in the Brazil squad to face Italy and Russia in the coming weeks.
"I think that things are getting better for me, above all at my club. I`m playing more often at Madrid. The supporters are showing that they appreciate me and that is an extra motivation. Now I hope to make the most of this chance with Brazil," he told Brazilian newspapers.
The 30-year-old also says he is relishing the reunion with his former coach Scolari but added that he is under no illusions about his chances of retaining his place in the squad beyond next week`s friendlies.
"It`s been a while since I`ve seen `Big Phil`," he said.
"It`ll be great to meet up with him once more and to work with him again. I don`t know how long that`ll be for, but I hope to play at the World Cup in 2014."
With 83 caps, Kaka returns to the international fold as the most experienced member of the squad.
He added: "I`m a new veteran. I have to confess I didn`t know I had the most caps, but I`m happy to have been part of so many squads and to be involved in this new phase for the national side."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'