This season is not worthy of Real Madrid, says Khedira
The Germany international admits that the Liga champions are yet to perform to an acceptable level, and says their season`s targets have already had to be re-prioritised
Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira has admitted that the club`s performances this season have not been up to scratch, and says that their aim is to now win the Champions League.
The reigning La Liga champions are currently 13 points off the pace of league-leaders Barcelona, with Los Blancos already dropping more points this season than they did in their entire previous campaign.
"Our season is not worthy of a club like Real Madrid. We cannot be happy with the season we are having," Khedira told Sport Bild.
"We haven`t been able to find our rhythm since the start of the season, and there`s not been a single period in which we`ve gone on a run away from home, which is where we have dropped so many points.
"This is not how things should be and we cannot be satisfied with ourselves."
Khedira admitted that their priorities had changed, with Jose Mourinho`s men now targetting the Champions League trophy to salvage their faltering season.
"In Madrid we have made one objective our priority, which is to win the Champions League," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'