This season is not worthy of Real Madrid, says Khedira
The Germany international admits that the Liga champions are yet to perform to an acceptable level, and says their season`s targets have already had to be re-prioritised
Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira has admitted that the club`s performances this season have not been up to scratch, and says that their aim is to now win the Champions League.
The reigning La Liga champions are currently 13 points off the pace of league-leaders Barcelona, with Los Blancos already dropping more points this season than they did in their entire previous campaign.
"Our season is not worthy of a club like Real Madrid. We cannot be happy with the season we are having," Khedira told Sport Bild.
"We haven`t been able to find our rhythm since the start of the season, and there`s not been a single period in which we`ve gone on a run away from home, which is where we have dropped so many points.
"This is not how things should be and we cannot be satisfied with ourselves."
Khedira admitted that their priorities had changed, with Jose Mourinho`s men now targetting the Champions League trophy to salvage their faltering season.
"In Madrid we have made one objective our priority, which is to win the Champions League," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre