Thohir wants Nainggolan at Inter
Milan: Inter owner Erick Thohir has admitted the club are considering a move for Cagliari`s Radja Nainggolan.
The Nerazzurri have begun the campaign in impressive fashion, losing just once in 13 league games, which sees them reside in fourth place - just two points off a Champions League spot.
But Thohir, who purchased a 70% stake in the San Siro club in October, says he is keen to reinforce coach Walter Mazzarri`s squad when the transfer window opens for business in January.
"There are two months to go until we can do anything but we have already spoken to the management about buying players to strengthen the side," Tohir told Indonesia`s TV One News.
"I like Nainggolan. Being of Indonesia origin, I would like him here, but this is the sort of decision which has to be talked through with the club first."
Yet despite eyeing new arrivals, Thohir was complimentary about the squad currently at Mazzarri`s disposal.
"There is a good mix of young and experienced players.
"[Rodrigo] Palacio, [Andrea] Ranocchia and [Esteban] Cambiasso are great players and there is also [Yuto] Nagatomo and [Samir] Handanovic who is a great goalkeeper.
"But we will decide what to do together and Inter will still be reinforced."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list