Three Sikkim players tested positive for swine flu
Kolkata: Sikkim’s Santosh Trophy campaign received a huge blow on Saturday with three of their players tested positive for swine flu.
Bikas Jairu, Sanjay Chhetri and Sagar Rai tested positive for the disease after they were admitted at the state-run Infectious Diseases Hospital this morning with high fever, according to the local manager of the team Somnath Chatterjee.
“The trio along with Robin Gurung were admitted after complaining of high fever and chest congestion. Gurung however was released but doctors have advised at least five-day treatment for the three players as they were tested positive for swine flu,” Chatterjee told reporters.
More than 40 people have been affected of the deadly Influenza A (H1N1) virus in the city so far.
Playing in cluster VI, Sikkim have three points from two matches with one win and one loss and their qualifying to pre-quarterfinals hinges on the result of the match between Chhattisgarh and Haryana reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP