Three Sikkim players tested positive for swine flu
Kolkata: Sikkim’s Santosh Trophy campaign received a huge blow on Saturday with three of their players tested positive for swine flu.
Bikas Jairu, Sanjay Chhetri and Sagar Rai tested positive for the disease after they were admitted at the state-run Infectious Diseases Hospital this morning with high fever, according to the local manager of the team Somnath Chatterjee.
“The trio along with Robin Gurung were admitted after complaining of high fever and chest congestion. Gurung however was released but doctors have advised at least five-day treatment for the three players as they were tested positive for swine flu,” Chatterjee told reporters.
More than 40 people have been affected of the deadly Influenza A (H1N1) virus in the city so far.
Playing in cluster VI, Sikkim have three points from two matches with one win and one loss and their qualifying to pre-quarterfinals hinges on the result of the match between Chhattisgarh and Haryana reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe