Three Sikkim players tested positive for swine flu
Kolkata: Sikkim’s Santosh Trophy campaign received a huge blow on Saturday with three of their players tested positive for swine flu.
Bikas Jairu, Sanjay Chhetri and Sagar Rai tested positive for the disease after they were admitted at the state-run Infectious Diseases Hospital this morning with high fever, according to the local manager of the team Somnath Chatterjee.
“The trio along with Robin Gurung were admitted after complaining of high fever and chest congestion. Gurung however was released but doctors have advised at least five-day treatment for the three players as they were tested positive for swine flu,” Chatterjee told reporters.
More than 40 people have been affected of the deadly Influenza A (H1N1) virus in the city so far.
Playing in cluster VI, Sikkim have three points from two matches with one win and one loss and their qualifying to pre-quarterfinals hinges on the result of the match between Chhattisgarh and Haryana reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know