Three top Liverpool footballers nominated for Association Player of the Year award
Johannesburg: Three of Liverpool`s top players have reportedly been nominated for England`s Professional Footballers` Association Player of the Year award.
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, who is currently the leading scorer in the Premier League so far this season, has been reportedly joined on the shortlist by teammates Steven Gerrard and Daniel Sturridge.
According to Sport24, the Liverpool trio, who has played a key role in guiding their club to the top of the league table ahead of this weekend`s matches, competes against Chelsea forward Eden Hazard, Manchester City dynamo Yaya Toure and Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana for the award.
However, the Uruguayan international is pitched as the favourite to win the award, having already scored 29 goals to take Liverpool a step closer to their first Premier League title in 24 years.
However, Suarez is reportedly the favourite to win the award, having already scored 29 league goals to help put Liverpool in sight of their first English title in 24 years.
Hazard and Sturridge have also been nominated for the young player of the year award, along with Southampton left-back Luke Shaw, Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey, Everton midfielder Ross Barkley and Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet