Tim Cahill scores fastest goal in MLS history
Houston: Socceroos striker Tim Cahill has broken the record for the fastest goal in a Major League Soccer (MLS) match for the New York Red Bulls.
The 33-year-old Australian slammed the ball home with a right-foot strike after just eight seconds against Houston Dynamo at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston Sunday, breaking the previous record of 11 seconds in MLS history.
The New York team went on to win the game 3-0 with goals from Ibrahim Sekagya and Bradley Wright-Phillips.
The win puts the New Yorkers on 56 points, one better than Sporting Kansas City, with one game remaining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann writes to LS Speaker, seeks probe against PM Modi for jeopardising national security
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand