Tim Cahill scores fastest goal in MLS history
Houston: Socceroos striker Tim Cahill has broken the record for the fastest goal in a Major League Soccer (MLS) match for the New York Red Bulls.
The 33-year-old Australian slammed the ball home with a right-foot strike after just eight seconds against Houston Dynamo at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston Sunday, breaking the previous record of 11 seconds in MLS history.
The New York team went on to win the game 3-0 with goals from Ibrahim Sekagya and Bradley Wright-Phillips.
The win puts the New Yorkers on 56 points, one better than Sporting Kansas City, with one game remaining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Donald Trump says Britons ''took back control of their country'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- China mounts rescue efforts as tornado toll hits 98
- Bollywood smitten with Harshvardhan Kapoor's theatrics in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's 'Mirzya' trailer!-- See tweets
- Brexit: How it can give better market access to India