Tim Cahill scores fastest goal in MLS history
Houston: Socceroos striker Tim Cahill has broken the record for the fastest goal in a Major League Soccer (MLS) match for the New York Red Bulls.
The 33-year-old Australian slammed the ball home with a right-foot strike after just eight seconds against Houston Dynamo at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston Sunday, breaking the previous record of 11 seconds in MLS history.
The New York team went on to win the game 3-0 with goals from Ibrahim Sekagya and Bradley Wright-Phillips.
The win puts the New Yorkers on 56 points, one better than Sporting Kansas City, with one game remaining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad