Tim Cahill scores fastest goal in MLS history
Houston: Socceroos striker Tim Cahill has broken the record for the fastest goal in a Major League Soccer (MLS) match for the New York Red Bulls.
The 33-year-old Australian slammed the ball home with a right-foot strike after just eight seconds against Houston Dynamo at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston Sunday, breaking the previous record of 11 seconds in MLS history.
The New York team went on to win the game 3-0 with goals from Ibrahim Sekagya and Bradley Wright-Phillips.
The win puts the New Yorkers on 56 points, one better than Sporting Kansas City, with one game remaining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India