Tito Vilanova leaves intensive care after surgery
Barcelona: Tito Vilanova left the intensive care unit of the Vall d`Hebron hospital in Barcelona on Friday morning.
The 44-year-old underwent surgery on Thursday after he suffered a relapse of the tumour in his mouth which he suffered for a large part of the 2011-12 campaign.
The operation went according to plan, and Vilanova has now been moved to a regular unit for the next three to four days.
The Spaniard will start with chemotherapy and radiation treatment that is scheduled to last around six weeks in the upcoming days.
Jordi Roura will take Vilanova`s place on the Barcelona bench for their last Liga match of 2012 away against Valladolid at the weekend, and will remain in charge until the his boss has recovered fully.
Vilanova took over from Pep Guardiola ahead of the 2012-13 campaign and guided them to their best ever start in La Liga, dropping only two points from their opening 16 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead